Tuesday, July 14, 2020

5 stars

Sometimes you can tell the question is coming:  Will you hold please after the call for a brief survey to tell is how we did?

at which point I like to head it off at the pass and say, if moved to do so, "hey, thanks a lot for your help. I won't hold, but I want to tell you directly, in person, so you know how much you've meant to me. Thanks so much. I appreciate it." I'll do anything to avoid that false, fishing for validation exchange for a little customer service that does nothing for anyone's integrity. It's hard enough to weed through the phone tree,  take the time and energy to call in the first place, set aside an age to do, let alone earn my right to customer information without having to reflect on the experience and take a post call quiz.

Of course sometimes I am indifferent and other times I'm quite appalled at just how poor customer phone service can be, often leaving me wondering if I misdialed or woke someone up, ultimately feeling guilty for my reasonable questions.

But sometimes relief can take you aback. Today was the day you took the after call survey. Maybe it was her accent reminding you of happier times in far away places. Maybe it was her telling you to stay safe. Maybe it was just the great information. But she earned her five out of five. I would told of her so ditectly, but I didn't see it coming.

1 comment:

  1. So nice when someone is really, truly helpful. Wish it wasn't so rare in customer phone service.

    ReplyDelete